Busting the 10 Myths on Financial Inclusion
The Digital Finance Numbers Game
By 2025, the widespread use of digital finance can:
- Provide access to financial services for 1.6 billion people;
- Increase the volume of loans by $2.1 trillion;
- Increase deposits by $4.2 trillion;
- Reduce government leakage in public spending and tax collection by $110 billion per year. This is money that could be devoted to other priorities such as health and education;
- Boost annual GDP of all emerging economies by $3.7 trillion, a 6% increase; and
- Generate 95 million new jobs across all sectors.*
The views expressed in these articles are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Asian Development Bank, its management, its Board of Directors, or its members.
Was this article useful?